Wednesday, June 16, 2010

A Zealous Love

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 8-9; John 21

“Then the disciple whom Jesus loved said to Peter, ‘It is the Lord!’ As soon as Simon Peter heard him say, ‘ It is the Lord,’ he wrapped his outer garment around him (for he had taken it off) and jumped into the water. The other disciples followed in the boat, towing the net full of fish, for they were not far from shore, about a hundred yards” (John 21: 7-8 NIV)

I love zealous love Peter shows in this section. In his excitement to be close to Jesus, he jumps right out of the boat and rushes toward the shore. The other disciples take a much more leisurely pace to greet their Savior, but Peter holds nothing back. He gets to the feet of his Master as fast as possible.
There are so many times when I, too, need to greet my Savior this way. As I look at all the pain and uncertainty in the world around me, I can’t help but come to the feet of my Savior and pray for help. As I come to the end of my own rope physically, and I can’t help but kneel before my Savior and ask Him for help.
Oh that I’ll always have a love like Peters. No, Peter wasn’t perfect, but he was always willing to come back and try once again. He was always willing to submit to his Savior and go from there.
Oh that I’ll always run, not walk, to the feet of my Savior.

Lord, thank you for being more than enough today and everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment