Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Evident Love

Today’s Reading: Proverbs 25-26; Acts 4:23-37

“Better to live on a corner of the roof than share a house with a qquarrelsome wife” (Proverbs 25:24 NIV).

Sometimes I think it’s good to take stock on how I’m doing at this whole “wife” thing. I’ve only been a wife for 1 ½ years, so I know that I still have a lot to learn. It’s been tough learning how to live and communicate with someone so different than myself. Just the same it’s wonderful watching our relationship develop and flourish. I can honestly say I love my husband more today than I ever have. But is that always evident in my words and actions? Probably not. At times I pick at his faults, and point out how he falls short when it comes to loving me. At times I really don’t give him the love and respect he deserves. I’m so thankful he hasn’t made a dash for the roof as of yet (see verse above), but instead puts up with me and my faults. In fact, he’s more than willing to work through issues in our relationship, big and small. We’ve actually just started reading a book together called Love and Respect by Dr. Emerson Eggerichs. So far I really like what this book has to say on relationships. Love and Respect are so important in a relationship. I pray that these values are evident in ours, as we continue to grow together in the Lord. I’d always rather have my husband next to me, instead of on the roof.

What about you? Is the love you feel for your friends and family evident in your life?

Lord, please help me to always have a loving attitude when I deal with those around me.

No comments:

Post a Comment