Tuesday, June 8, 2010

New Every Morning

Today’s Reading: Psalm 143-145; John 18:1-18

“Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul” (Psalm 143:8 NIV).

The sun always rises, Spring always comes, and God is always good. I’m so thankful that these words ring true in my life, because sometimes, it doesn’t seem like tomorrow will ever come. Sometimes the world is dark, and I wonder if morning will ever break through. Sometimes I feel like giving up. That’s when it’s nice to know that I have a God that will never give up on me. As Deuteronomy 31:6 says, “Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord you God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you” (NIV). God is always there, ready to stand in for you, and for me. And ready to help us get to tomorrow, even if He has to carry us there. I’m so thankful for that. Each new morning reminds me of the wonderful promise that the world does go on, and that God will still provide today, and everyday.

What is your favorite part of the morning?

Lord, thank you that your mercies are new every single morning. Please help me to place my trust in you.

“Because of the Lord’s great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning: great is your faithfulness” (Lamentations 3:22-23 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment