Friday, June 4, 2010

Take Heart

Today’s Readings: Psalm 109, 110, 138; John 16


“The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever—do not abandon the works of your hands” (Psalm 138: 8 NIV).

“In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world” (John 16:33b NIV).


Sometimes it’s hard to look past the rain and see a purpose in it all. Sometimes this world hands me things that I truly don’t understand. That is when I have to grab a hold of the truth that Chris has already overcome this world. The ultimate battle of good vs. evil has already been won. When I consider this, the battle’s I’m facing now don’t seem so hopeless. Yes, they may press me down, but that’s when I have to look up and focus on my Deliverer to rescue me.
I have to trust that God has a purpose and perfect plan in store for my life. What this purpose is, I’m not always sure, but I know that God sees the entire picture. He sees the entire book of my life here on earth and calls it beautiful.
What a thought! In the midst of this ugly, beaten down world, God sees my life as a work of art!
Sometimes it’s so scary to get to the end of one chapter, unable to see what’s ahead. There’s so many unknown at times. So many leaps of faith that have to be taken. But God is there, ready to catch each of us, and carry us on to a new, even more beautiful chapter of this life.

So take heart my friends. Christ has already overcome, and He’s ready and willing to carry you forward into new, glorious things.

No comments:

Post a Comment