Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Our Redeemer

Today’s Reading: Psalm 101, 103, 108; John 15

“Praise the Lord, O my soul; all my inmost being, praise his holy name. Praise the Lord, O my soul, and forget not his benefits—who forgives all your sins and heals all your diseases, who redeems your life from the pit and crowns you with love and compassion” (Psalm 103:1-4 NIV).

There are so many great verses to pull out of today’s reading. The image of God as our redeemer runs throughout scripture. Why? Because from the very beginning, God already had a plan to restore us to Him. He had a redeemer in mind. He knew that the only way to bridge the gap between Him and us was to send His one and only Son into the world. At that moment in time, Christ became our ultimate Redeemer.
Several years ago, I went through a time of depression. For whatever reason, Satan decided to attack me when I was at my happiest and most vulnerable. I was newly married with a beautiful future in front of me, so Satan decided to point out all of my weaknesses to me. I looked at my lack of job and at my appearance, and felt completely insecure and purposeless. After a lot of struggling, I started to find my footing once again. I came out of that dark time, but still greatly struggled with physical insecurities.
And then a friend pointed me to Psalm 103. She reminded me that God is ready and willing to take us out of the “pits” of our lives and heal us from whatever diseases that consume our bodies or our minds. He truly is our ready and waiting redeemer, if only we trust in Him.
What a wonderful reminder, and oh how hard I’ve clung to these verses ever since.

What pits do you find yourself in today? Do you need God to heal any diseases in your life, whether external or internal?

Lord, thank you for being my Redeemer each and every day. Please meet me where I am at this moment in time, and lead me to a better place.

No comments:

Post a Comment