Monday, June 28, 2010

Unfailing Love

Hello everyone, sorry for the lack of posts last week. I did have some thoughts from the readings, which I’m trying to catch up on now. For last Tuesday’s reading check out www.deployedheart.com. Check out Wednesday’s observations below:


Readings: Proverbs 19-21; Acts 3


“What a man desires is unfailing love” (Proverbs 19:22, NIV).


We are all on a search of unfailing love. But where is it to be found? I know that my husband loves me with every ounce of his being. He would do absolutely anything for me. Yet, he’s still human. I’m sure there will be times throughout our life together that he lets me down, both in big ways and in small. Just the same, I trust him with my heart. He’s my lover, my best friend, and my companion on this road called life. And most importantly, he’s the person who always directs my focus toward God. From the beginning, our marriage has been based on the understanding that God needs to be number one. He needs to be the one we focus on day in and day out. He needs to be the one I ultimately look towards for happiness, fulfillment and love, because my husband has the ability to fail, God does not. God loves me with an unfailing love. The love my husband and I share together strives toward this agape, complete, love that God exemplifies. This love is whole, overarching and complete. It sees into our very hearts, and loves us right where we are. This love is so amazing that it’s hard to comprehend at times. But it’s there, and it’s oh so ready for the taking.


How is real, unfailing love evident in your life?


Lord, please help me to experience a dose of your agape love today.

No comments:

Post a Comment