Monday, May 3, 2010

The Feet of a Deer

2 Samuel 21-22; Psalm 18; John 6:22-40

“He makes my feet like the feet of a deer; he enables me to stand on the heights” (2 Samuel 22:34).

Whenever I read these words, I’m reminded of a book I read in high school. It’s called Hinds’ Feet on High Places. It’s a Pilgrims Progress type story that tells of the adventure of a young girl named Much Afraid. I’ve always identified with her character because I, too, am often much afraid. This journey called life has many mountains and valleys. When I try to climb them on my own I stumble and fall on the uneven ground.
God and God alone gives me the feet I need to climb to the top of my mountains. We all can, as long as we let go and let God take control of our feet.

What mountains are you climbing today?

Dear Lord, please help me to give up my own wandering ways, and instead trust you to equip my feet with the shoes I need to make it to the top of my journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment