Thursday, April 29, 2010

Come, Lord Jesus, Come

Today's Reading: Psalm 64; Psalm 70; John 6:1-21

“Hasten, O God, to save me; O Lord, come quickly to help me. Yet I am poor and needy; You are my help and my deliverer; O Lord, do not delay”
(Psalm 70:1;5 NIV).

Have you ever felt like the Psalmist David? Have you ever been burdened down by the enemies of this world, sapped of your strength and in need of a Savior to deliver you? I know I have. There are days when my earthly body yearns for it’s heavenly home. Because I really don’t belong here. I don’t fit in. I don’t follow the world’s standard of life. Instead, I live set apart, which makes me an “oddity” to those around me. I don’t drink to get drunk. I don’t live immorally. I don’t use the Lord’s name in vain. Instead, I strive to live for Jesus each and every moment of the day. This at times means loneliness. It means not being a part of the crowd, but instead sticking out. It means that I long for my deliverer to come and rescue me. But until then I look for ways to minister, to witness, and to serve those around me. I look for ways to share the love of God, even as my heart whispers, “Come Lord Jesus, Come.”

No comments:

Post a Comment