Wednesday, April 7, 2010

My Strength When I Am Weak

Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 28-29; Luke 23:26-56

Some days like today I’m weak. This world and its ailments overtake me and I feel sorry for myself and the things that I deal with from day to day. It’s on days like today when I can other give myself a pity party, or I can turn to the cross, to my Savior who died for each and everyone of us. In these last few readings in Luke we’ve read about some of the torture and pain Jesus faced in this world. He was abused and tortured in ways I never have been. But the greatest pain of all was when he was crucified on the cross, and took the sins of the whole world on his shoulders. I can’t imagine such pain. It makes my earthly ailments and pain seem minuscule in comparison. As I read the story of the crucifixion today, I was reminded that Jesus truly understands, and meets me where I am, each and everyday. As Isaiah 40:29 so beautifully reminds us, “He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak” (NIV).

Do you need strength from God today?

No comments:

Post a Comment