Thursday, April 8, 2010

He Has Risen!

Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 30-31; Luke 24:1-35

In 1 Samuel 30-31 we see the life of Saul finally at an end, and David preparing to be the new king of Israel. David acts wisely in his dealings with his men, demanding that everyone have his fair share, no matter their task (1 Samuel 30:24). He was also wise in the way he inquired of the Lord, before heading into battle in the first place (1 Samuel 30:8). We can already tell that this man will make a good king. He is already becoming a Man after God’s own heart. It’s exciting to see what will happen next in David’s life.
While the life of Saul ended in our reading today, the life of another is only beginning. In Luke 24 we’ve finally come to the Resurrection. And what a spectacular day that was! As I look out my window at the blue skies, I can’t help but be filled with joy over the great gift God has given me. He’s given me a good life with my husband, in a beautiful part of the country, but more than anything, He’s given me eternal life! And for that, I’m thankful each and everyday.

What struck you the most from today’s readings? What are you thankful for?

No comments:

Post a Comment