Thursday, April 22, 2010

He will carry you

Today's Readings: 2 Samuel 15; Psalms 3; Psalm 69; John 4:27-54

Some days it’s hard for me to concentrate. Some days I read the verses, let them sink in, and still really have nothing to say. Some days I’m simply blessed by reading the devotionals of some of my favorite blog writers (Sarah Markley and Lysa Terkeurst). Some days I am who I am, weak and in need of a Savior to pick me up and help me make it through the day. This is one of those days.
Today I woke up with a headache. (Not a very uncommon thing for me). These headaches are a common thing for me, and have only increased with this pregnancy. In addition to my head, I have other aches and pains commonly associated with a woman whose 20 weeks along. At times I wonder how I’ll ever make it through the next 4 months. People tell me that it will be worth it in the end. That when I hold that sweet baby in my arms, all of the pain will become a distant memory. And I believe them. But I’m not there yet. For today, I am still 20 weeks pregnant, just starting to show the world that there’s a baby inside of me, and feeling the effects of a little being growing and pushing my insides around.
So where does that leave me? It leaves me exactly where I need to be: at the foot of the cross, on my knees, asking God to lift me up and carry me through today and every day. Asking the Lord to take me in my weak state and be strong through me. Asking the Lord to give me joy, even as my pregnancy hormones run rampant in my body. For don’t we all, pregnant or not, need God to give us joy in any and every circumstance? Don’t we all need God to lift us up and carry us through life?
Do you need joy in your life today?
Do you need to be carried through a circumstance?
Or do you just need to know that God is near, holding your hand, and helping you through each and every issue in your life?

“That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong” (2 Corinthians 12:10 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment