Tuesday, April 20, 2010

The Battle Has Been Conquered

Today’s Reading: 2 Samuel 13-14; John 4:1-26

“God is spirit, and his worshipers must worship in spirit and in truth” (John 4:24).

Today I have a heavy heart. I have to make a call I’ve been dreading. I’ve been dreading this call because I’m not sure what the response will be. They could be helpful and gracious. Or they could attack me and tell me I owe all sorts of money. And so I’ve been living in fear. Fear over what might happen. Fear over not having the right words to say over the phone.
Yet I know this isn’t the way God wants me to live. As Christians we’ve been filled with living water, water that “well[s] up to eternal life” (John 4:14 NIV). We have the wonderful promise of life eternal in heaven with Jesus. Therefore, we really have nothing to fear here on this earth. Christ has already overcome the enemy. We are Jesus’ eternally. My only job is to worship Him in “spirit and in truth.” Today, for me, it means that I give every little fear and worry over to Him, and focus on what really matters, eternity. In the long run, I’ll be all right, no matter how this phone conversation goes. God will still be God, and I will still be living my life serving Him, and telling everyone of His beautiful gift of living water. All Jesus is asking of me is to have a heart always worshiping and serving Him, above all other things. And so, I’ll turn my worship music on low, say a prayer, and make that call I’ve been dreading. For I know that ultimately, Christ has already conquered the ultimate battle. My battle is small in comparison, and something Christ is more than able to handle.

No comments:

Post a Comment