Wednesday, May 26, 2010

An Answered Prayer

Today’s Reading: Psalm 39-41; John 12:27-50

“Lord my God, You have done many things—Your wonderful works and Your plans for us; none can compare with You. If I were to report and speak of them, they are more than can be told” (Psalm 40:5 HCSB).

Last week I had a bit of a scare. I was concerned that something was wrong with this child I’ve been carrying inside of me for 23 weeks. I was close to tears as I talked to a nurse and my doula, and prayed to God for some sense of peace. And then I was given it. My little one began to kick inside of me. Until then I’d felt only one random kick, but on this day I felt kick after kick pelting my insides. It was as if God was reminding me how perfect his plan was for this little one. He seemed to be reminding me, once again, that He holds the keys to life and death, and has already numbered the days of this little baby’s life (Psalm 139:16). Today, as I continue to feel my little one grow inside of me, I can’t help but praise God for his “wonderful works and plans for us.” He truly does answer our prayers. What a marvelous thing that is!


Lord, thank you for answering my prayers, big and small, each and every day. Help me to be thankful for the things you’ve already accomplished, and to remain hopeful for the things that are yet to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment