Tuesday, May 11, 2010

An Unfailing Love

Today’s Reading: Psalm 12-14; John 8:28-59

“But I trust in your unfailing love; my heart rejoices in your salvation. I will sing to the LORD, for he has been good to me” (Psalm 13:5-6).

“‘I tell you the truth,’ Jesus answered, ‘before Abraham was born, I am!’” (John 8:58).


In this world where human love is imperfect, it’s amazing to think that we have a God who loves us with an “unfailing love.” This love doesn’t change with seasons or circumstances, but is always there, sure and true. It’s an all-encompassing love that sees us in our weak, human bodies and loves us just the same. This love from God was so great that He sent His only Son into the world. In the Gospel of John we’ve been reading about Jesus’ life on this earth, and how the people doubted his kingship. They didn’t recognize him as their Savior. They somehow missed the ultimate display of God’s love for humanity. They looked at Jesus in his earthly body and determined that he must be demon possessed to say that he was the Son of God (John 8:52). I often wonder if I would have missed it too. If I had been living during the days Jesus’ walked the earth, would I have believed, or would I have condemned him as well? Would I have recognized the love of God in human form, or would I have proclaimed it as heresy? I really don’t know. All I do know is that I’m so thankful that I believe in Jesus Christ today! I’m so thankful that he loved me enough to die for me. And I’m thankful that the love He has for me never fails.

Lord, thank you for the unfailing love you have for each of us. Please help me to learn to love others with that same sort of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment