Tuesday, May 18, 2010

My Desires

Today’s Reading: Psalm 20-22; John 10:1-21

“May he give you the desire of your heart and make all your plans succeed” (Psalm 20:4)

Whenever I come across this verse, I wonder what the true desires of my heart really are. And I wonder if those desires align with God’s will for my life. Hopefully the true desires of my heart are to love and serve my Savior, to be a good wife, mother, and friend, and to live every day to it’s fullest. That’s what I hope for at least. But from time to time my heart needs a little uncluttering. At times my heart get’s focused on earthly things, money, possessions, recognition, instead of the things that truly matter. That’s when this verse above comes in so handy. For it reminds me to check my heart, and make sure that it aligns with what truly matters in this life.
What does your heart desire today?
Lord, please clean out any cobwebs that may be residing in my heart today, and focus my heart, mind and soul on what truly matters in this world. Please help my desires to align with your desires for my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment