Wednesday, October 28, 2009

What's Love Got to Do With It? Numbers 1-4; Mark 12:1-44

Mark 12: 30-31: “Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.' The second is this: 'Love your neighbor as yourself.' There is no commandment greater than these."

I do love God more than any earthly thing. This is something easy for me to say. The harder thing is to proclaim that I love my neighbor as much as I love myself. There are few people in my life that I can truly say this about. Most other people I sometimes love, on a conditional basis. Other people I don’t love at all.
These are the ones that rub me the wrong way, make fun of me, degrade me, or lie to me on a regular basis. These are the people who seem hopeless and lost, but Jesus calls me to love them just the same. And so I reach out, with empty hands, at my whit’s end on how to love them, and ask my God to reveal some good in these creatures. I ask him to help me love them with a love that could only possibly come from him, because on my own the feelings would be closer to hatred then love. And he answers and gives me a love for them that is amazing and past all understanding. He’s just amazing like that.
Is there anyone you need to reach out and love today? Ask God for help, he’s ready and waiting to help you love them, when you can’t on your own.

No comments:

Post a Comment