Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Leviticus 8-10; Mark 6:30-56

We serve a God of the impossible. He raises people from the dead, heals them from sickness, feeds thousands of people, and walks upon the water. He does the impossible, so why is it so hard to believe?
For me, at least, it’s hard for me to believe in the impossible at times because I’m stuck in this world where everything is measured and figured and explained away. It’s hard for me to comprehend things that are past my brains capabilities. It’s hard for me to understand that God has always existed and always will, because I live in a world where each of our days is numbered. It’s hard for me to understand. I could go crazy trying to figure everything out. And so I don’t. I live by faith, not by sight (1 Corinthians 5:7).
To close my thoughts for today, here’s a few verses to consider:
• “How great is God—beyond our understanding! The number of his years is past finding out” (Job 36:26).
• “As you do not know the path of the wind, or how the body is formed in a mother's womb, so you cannot understand the work of God, the Maker of all things” (Ecclesiastes 11:5).
• Jesus looked at them and said, "With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible” (Matthew 19:26).
• “Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see” (Hebrews 11:1).

No comments:

Post a Comment