Friday, October 23, 2009

Leviticus 25; Mark 11:1-18

Can you imagine what it would have been like on that day, to stand there in Jerusalem, waving a palm branch as the King of Kings rode through the city on a donkey? What a thrill it would have been to shout out praises and worship him. And how sad that the same people who worshiped him so whole-heatedly would soon turn their back on him. I’d liked to say that it would be different for me. That I still would have followed Jesus, instead of turning on him and having him crucified. But, I can’t condemn those people back in Jerusalem, because I, too, have doubted him from time to time. When times are happy I jump around, full of praises for my savior. When things don’t go as planned, I start to doubt his sovereignty. I start to take matters into my own hands, instead of worshiping him in the good times and in the bad.
Oh how I want to worship him in any and every situation. This is my prayer today, that when the next hardship comes my way, I will be able to depend on the Lord like never before.
“When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other” (Ecclesiastes 7:14a).

No comments:

Post a Comment