Monday, October 19, 2009

Leviticus 17, 18; Mark 9:1-29

Today’s reading takes us through some more blood ordinances in Leviticus and then turns to the Transfiguration and the casting out of a demon. The verse that struck me the most was the last verse, Mark 9:29 that says, “This kind can only come out by prayer.” The disciples had tried to cast out the demon on their own, but they were doing it on their own, without praying to God for help. Without praying, they were useless. What a good lesson for them, and for me.
Sometimes I forget to truly ask God for help in different areas of my life. I go about my day, proclaiming his goodness, but never truly asking for his help and guidance.
Have you ever been in a similar circumstance? Do you need to pray to God for help today? May we never underestimate the power of simple prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment