Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Leviticus 6-7; Mark 6:1-29

I sometimes wonder how I would of responded, if I had seen Jesus face to face. Would I have doubted who he was, like the people in Mark 6:1-6, or would I have believed? These people were from his hometown. They grew up around Jesus. They saw his character, how he treated others, the miracles he did. They heard the words he spoke. Yet they didn’t believe he was the Messiah. Instead, they saw him as Jesus the carpenter, the son of Mary, and the brother of James, Joseph, Judas and Simon. They couldn’t get past his humanity to understand his deity. They missed out on knowing their Savoir face to face.
I hope that I would have responded in faith. I know that if I saw him today, I would fall to my feet and worship him. He has done so much for me, how could I do anything else?
What will you say to Jesus when you see him face to face?

No comments:

Post a Comment