Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Leviticus 21-22; Mark 10:1-31

“The disciples were amazed at his words. But Jesus said again, 'Children, how hard it is to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God.' The disciples were even more amazed, and said to each other, 'Who then can be saved?' Jesus looked at them and said, 'With man this is impossible, but not with God; all things are possible with God' (Mark 10:24-27).

Sometimes things seem hopeless. I know I’ve been struggling with a situation as of late that never seems to improve. I’ll do well for awhile, and then fall back into the old temptations once again. It seems as if I have to give this issue back to God over and over again. At times this is extremely frustrating. That is why I found these verses today to be so encouraging.
God did the impossible by cleansing me from my old nature and giving me eternal life. If he can do this, I know he can handle this other struggle in my life. The verses above do not say that with God “some” things are possible. The verse says that “all” things are possible.
Today I praise God that he really can take care of this issue in my life. He is ready and waiting for me to surrender it to him, and to move on with life, praising him for continued healing.
What seemingly impossible issue do you need to give over to God today?

Lord, thank you that with you, there truly is nothing impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment