Friday, October 9, 2009

Leviticus 13; Mark 7:14-37

There’s snow on the ground as I write this today. Yes, I know it’s only October, but for some reason, God decided to let it snow today. I find a fresh snow-fall so beautiful. It’s so white, so pure. It reminds me of that verse in Isaiah 1:18 that says: "Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool.”
On our own, we are dirty and impure. But Jesus did something wonderful for us. He came into this world and died for our sins. His death and resurrection paid the ultimate price. Now we are free to stand before the Lord, no longer blemished and impure, but clean and white.
I’m so thankful for that price that was paid for me, and for you as well. On my own, I’d never measure up. Without God I’m like that dirt outside my window that somehow missed being covered by the snow this morning. With God I’m the grass, completely white and beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment