Thursday, October 1, 2009

Psalms 90; Leviticus 1-2; Mark 5:1-20

In a world where love fades away, it’s hard to understand that there’s a kind of love that doesn’t.
In a world where people have become jaded, it’s hard to understand a love that doesn’t leave them or forsake them.
In a world where love is conditional, it’s hard for people to understand the unfailing love of God.
In a broken word, it’s hard for me to express what this love is like, but it’s real. This kind of love comes from God, who sees the entire picture. This kind of love isn’t conditional on how I act day in and day out. If it was, I would fail miserably. God loves each of us completely, and always will. He loves us so much that he gives us a choice when it comes to accepting this love. He allows us to chose salvation through Jesus Christ, or reject it. If we accept his love, his promise is clear, he will love us continually, forever.
In Romans 8:28-29, the Apostle Paul tells us this: “For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
As for me, my heart is so glad that I know about such a love. Without it, I don’t know how I could wake up and face each day. Like the Psalmist, I want this to be my prayer: “Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.”

No comments:

Post a Comment