Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Exodus 39-40; Mark 4:21-41

The Parable of the Growing Seed
“He also said, ‘This is what the kingdom of God is like. A man scatters seed on the ground. Night and day, whether he sleeps or gets up, the seed sprouts and grows, though he does not know how. All by itself the soil produces grain—first the stalk, then the head, then the full kernel in the head. As soon as the grain is ripe, he puts the sickle to it, because the harvest has come’" (Mark 4: 26-29).
Sometimes I get caught up in my human nature and wonder how God could ever love someone like me, I see the imperfections and failures, God sees the end result. I have been a Christian for two decades, but I still feel so young in the faith. I feel like a tiny sprout slowly growing into a stalk, like in the parable above. I feel like I’m still starting out. I still have so much to learn, so far to grow.
What’s wonderful is that God sees the outcome of that little seed, even when I can’t. He sees the promise in me, when I’m filled with doubt. He sees a beautiful plant, ripe for the harvest, when I’m still just a little sprout.

Where do you see yourself in this parable today? What is God saying to you as you read these words?

Lord, thank you for the reminder that you do have a wonderful future in store for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment