Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Exodus 23-28 Matthew 28; Mark 1:1-45

I used to find the lists of rules in Exodus extremely boring, I’m sure I’m not the only one. Then, last year, I went through a Bible study on the Tabernacle in the Old Testament. For the first time, those lists of rules came to life for me. God had every single part of this Tabernacle planned, from the inside out. Every single part of this heaven on earth had a purpose. If you ever have time, A Woman’s Heart: God’s Dwelling Place by Beth Moore was a fascinating study. I learned so much while going through it. There are so many fascinating connections between the Old and New Testament. Things I’d be happy to tell you about, if anyone is interested.
All of this came back to me as I read through the tabernacle description today. I found myself wishing I could see this spectacular work of art for myself. But guess what? The same, intentional hand that created the tabernacle created you and me as well. Isn’t that amazing? As I look in the mirror today, I am, in fact looking at God’s dwelling place. He lives inside of me. I am an amazing work of art that was planned down to smallest detail. As are you.
What does being “God’s dwelling place” mean to you?
As God’s holy dwelling place, how are you living your life today and everyday?
I know for me, being God’s holy dwelling place, means that I have to stop being quite as critical of myself, and instead love myself the way God created me to be. As 1 Corinthians 6:19-20 says, “Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore honor God with your body.”

No comments:

Post a Comment