Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Exodus 16-18; Matthew 27:1-26

Manna: The Bread of Heaven

Sometimes I forget to trust. I start fretting and start grumbling about the little things. Like the Israelites in today’s reading, I forget about all of the wonderful times God has provided for me in the past. I forget about all of the times when God gave me some “manna” from heaven. At times, this manna was a meal on the table, at other times, this manna came in the form of a comforting friend, a sense of direction, or an overwhelming sense of peace.

Today, that manna is peace. Peace about the past, peace about the future, peace knowing God will provide. When I try to do things on my own, I worry. When I give those things to God, I have a peace that passes all understanding. God gives me just enough to get through each day. And then the next morning, we start all over again. Once again I have to turn to him, and reach out to him for strength. And once again he provides. He always does. He’s just waiting to be asked.

What kind of manna do you need today? Is it literal food on your table? Or is it something else?

Lord, thank you for providing manna today and every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment