Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Coming Attractions

Hello all. I know Latte Lover doesn't normally do book reviews, but I felt inspired to write one today. My hubby and I are currently on vacation, but check back in two weeks for the normal daily devotions.

Have you ever read a book and felt God speaking to you through the pages? This is how I felt the first time I read The Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn. At the time, I was a young girl, struggling with a desire to be popular in school but to also stay true to my convictions.

Because of my love of Christy Miller, I quickly picked up the Katie Weldon books. I wasn't disappointed. Like Christy Miller, Katie Weldon is an extremely real and down-to-earth character. I truly identified with her as a friend. Gunn is definitely not afraid to portray a character with faults.The final book in a trilogy, Coming Attractions follows Katie’s final experiences in college. Having recently graduated from college, I identified with Katie’s confusion about the future. I won’t spell out the conclusion to the story, but I will say that I was extremely surprised yet delighted in the end. In essence, Katie comes to a realization that God writes a more beautiful love story than any of us can understand.
Coming Attractions was a well written, fast read. I would recommended it anyone, young or old, who wants a nice book to read on a Saturday afternoon while sipping on a cup of tea. You won't be disappointed.

Robin Jones Gunn has over 70 books published to date. Her books have sold over 4 million copies worldwide. She has been married for 32 years and has 3 grown children, and one cuddly golden retriever named Hula. She "loves God and loves telling stories."

For more books about Christy Miller and Katie Weldon, visit Robin Jones Gunn’s website. You can also find a link to Coming Attractions on Amazon.com.
If you’d like to read more blog responses to Coming Attractions click here.

1 comment:

  1. Meg, What a lovely review! Thank you so much for posting this. May the Lord continue to bless you and draw you closer and closer to His heart. And I hope you thoroughly enjoy your vacation!
    Robin

    ReplyDelete