Monday, July 13, 2009

Day 6: Genesis 16, 17; Matthew 5:27-48

“Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the Lord, who had spoken to her. She said, 'You are the God who sees me.' She also said, 'Have I truly seen the One who sees me?' So that well was named Beer-lahai-roi (which means 'well of the Living One who sees me'.” -Genesis 16:13-14

Hagar refers to the Lord here as El-roi: The God who sees. God saw the needs of a lonely servant girl who ran away to the wilderness, and he meant her where she was.

What an honor to be visited by an angel. And what a great reminder of how God sees our every need, nothing escapes his all-knowing nature. He comes to us where we are, in each moment of the day.

Our God is Creator, Redeeming, All Powerful, All Knowing and All Seeing. What part of God’s nature do you need to cling to the most today? He is more than willing to meet you where you are.

Prayer:
Thank you Lord for meeting me where I am today, and for knowing my every thought even before I speak it aloud.

No comments:

Post a Comment