Thursday, July 23, 2009

Day 14: Job 14-16; Matthew 10:1-20

I feel so bad for Job. The chapters we read today further the gap of understanding between him and his friends. His friends still think he’s a fake, but Job knows his own heart. He knows he’s right with God. And so he longs for a mediator: someone who could be in direct contact with God and address his concerns:

“Even now my witness is in heaven. My advocate is there on high. My friends scorn me, but I pour out my tears to God. I need someone to mediate between God and me, as a person mediates between friends. For soon I must go down that road from which I will never return” (Job 16:19-22).

In the New Testament the early Christians receive this very mediator, the Holy Spirit.

Romans 8:26 says, “The Holy Spirit helps us in our weakness. For example, we don’t know what God wants us to pray for. But the Holy Spirit prays for us with groanings that cannot be expressed in words”

This was the very place Job was in. He was so confused and in so much pain. He wanted someone who would understand him. He needed to express what he was feeling to God.

I’m so thankful that we, as Christians, have the gift of the Holy Spirit today. For sometimes, when we’re in pain, there really aren’t any words. But we can still feel a special comfort from God, knowing that he hears our cries and will see us through to the other side.

Prayer: Lord, thank you for knowing my every thought. Please be the Protector and Shelter I need so very much today.

1 comment:

  1. you are really good :-)
    i dont no what to say so i am just saying dear god protct him and give him shelter in every way as well as the people who dont have a sheltor please protct these people

    ReplyDelete