Thursday, August 26, 2010

The Crafter of our Hearts

Today’s Reading: Psalm 33,43,66; Philippians 1

“The LORD looks down from heaven; He observes everyone. He gazes on all the inhabitants of the earth from His dwelling place. He alone crafts their hearts; He considers all their works” (Psalm 33:13-15 HCSB).

Psalm 33 is such an amazing psalm. It speaks of Creator who is in control and is far above anything we can fathom. It speaks of a Creator that fashioned our very hearts, our innermost being. He determined our very existence, and knows every intricate part of us. Heart or leb in Hebrew means our inner man, mind, will, heart and understanding. These are the things that no human can touch. In fact, most humans probably don’t even get to see the real you and me, the real soul dwelling inside. But God does. He knows every part of us intricately. “For it was You who created my inward parts; You knit me together in my mother's womb. I will praise You, because I have been remarkably and wonderfully made. Your works are wonderful, and I know [this] very well” (Psalm 139:13-14 HCSB).
He knowingly created every part of us, inside and out. He knows our very hearts. What a thought. It makes me feel so loved. While I may look in the mirror on some days and see a mess, my Lord sees a work of art. This is true for you as well.

What does God see when He looks in your heart?

No comments:

Post a Comment