Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Living By Faith

I’ll admit, I’ve slacked off again. I read part of this reading on Friday and am only getting back to it today. I guess that shows my imperfections, right?

Anyway, the verses I finished reading today came from Deuteronomy 28-29 and Luke 7:31:50.

In Deuteronomy Moses is reminding the people of the blessings they’ll receive if they follow God, and the curses they’ll receive if they don’t. My favorite scripture from this section was the very last verse: “The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law” (Deuteronomy 29:29).

God has given us such wonderful wisdom to follow in scripture. Yet, I often get caught up on the things I don’t know and don’t understand. I question God, instead of living by faith. This verse was a wonderful reminder of God’s intentionality in scripture. He gave us what he wanted us to know, and expects us to trust him for the rest.

The Sinful Women In Luke 7 knew one thing about Jesus, that he was God. She had the right attitude in not asking for millions of listeners, but instead, laying at the feet of Christ and worshping him. Perhaps that’s what I need to do today.

What about you? Do you need to lay anything at the foot of the cross, and trust by faith instead?

No comments:

Post a Comment