Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Faith in Miracles

"See now that I myself am He! There is no god besides me. I put to death and I bring to life, I have wounded and I will heal, and no one can deliver out of my hand" (Deuteronomy 32: 39 NIV).
Sometimes it’s hard looking at the pain and suffering in the world around us. I know I, at times, question where God is in the midst of it all. Today’s readings from Deuteronomy 32-34 and Luke 8:26-56 were a great reminder that God is right there, working his hand. In Deuteronomy we were reminded of his healing power, in Luke we saw some of that power being displayed first hand, as Jesus cast out demons, healed an ailing woman, and raised a young girl from the dead.
Even at this, it’s easy to start doubting His ways. It’s easy to get caught up in earthly pain, and forget that our God is all knowing and all-powerful. Deuteronomy 32: 4 says, “ He is the Rock, his works are perfect, and all his ways are just. A faithful God who does no wrong, upright and just is he” (NIV). God is our rock, he’s someone we can depend on, someone we can look to when the world looks meek around us. He’s ways are good and just. We may not always understand them, but he really does have a perfect plan in store for all of us. This is hard for our human brains to grasp, and so I hold on to verses like those above, that reminded me to trust in the Rock of our Salvation. I trust that he will give me faith to believe in healing when the world around me seems to give up. I pray that he will give me hope when others have given up. At times it’s so hard for me to believe in healing, but I have to, I must, because I serve a God of miracles.
And so, for right now, pray for healing for those around me that need it most, for the sweet baby girl in our church, for my mother in law who’s trying to regain her eyesight, for a friend’s preemie baby who’s struggling to hold on at this moment. I pray for healing for all of them, because our God is a Rock, a fortress for all those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment