Wednesday, January 20, 2010

He Carries Me

Hello all,
Today’s readings came from Deuteronomy 30-31 & Luke 8:1-25. Here’s the verse I’d like to focus on for today:
“Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you” (Deuteronomy 31:6).
We all have moments of doubt. I was reminded of a friend of mine as I read these verses today. This friend has started doubting the presence of God in her life. She doesn’t feel him moving in the midst of her troubles. She feels very alone. But he’s there. He promises in these verses above that he will never leave us, even during the darkest, scariest times. I know from dark moments in my life that God is always ready to pick us up and carry us through the good and bad times. He’s never let me down, even when other people in this world have. He’s always been there.
Have you had moments where you truly sensed the presence of God? Do you need him to carry you through a rough spot today?

No comments:

Post a Comment