Tuesday, March 16, 2010

The Battle Belongs to the Lord

Today’s Reading: 1 Samuel 17-18; Luke 20:27-47

“All those gathered here will know that it is not by sword or spear that the LORD saves; for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give all of you into our hands" (1 Samuel 17:47 NIV).

How often do we forget that the true battle belongs to the Lord? David knew that a man’s strength and power are nothing compared to that of God. He trusted that God would provide for him as he fought against Goliath. God works in seemingly impossible situations and provides for His children time and again.
There have been times when I’ve forgotten this truth. Times when I’ve tried to fight my own battles, and failed miserably. As I read the verses in today’s reading, I was reminded once again about how powerful and awesome our God truly is. I’m more than ready to give Him all my battles today, big and small. From conflicts with landlords, to this pounding headache, to how I’ll talk to my husband this evening, I pray that God will be seen in my every thought and action. Because for me, the greatest battles start in my mind, before I even speak a word. The battles start when I begin to decide how I’m going to respond to a situation.
I’m so thankful that all my battles belong to the Lord.

(Check out the lyrics to this song. I’m already singing the tune in my head. It’s just as true for David as he faced Goliath, as it is for each of us today).

No comments:

Post a Comment