Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lost Sheep and Coins

Yesterday and Today's Reading: Judges 11-15; Luke 14:25-35, 15:1-10

From yesterday’s and today’s readings, I chose to focus on Luke 15:1-10. Here we read the parables of the lost sheep and lost coin. These parables are such beautiful examples of the way God welcomes each of us home. I, myself, have been a Christian for about as long as I can remember. I know the Bible in and out, and can spout all kinds of philosophy. At times in the past, I’ve forgotten just how awesome my salvation really is. Jesus died on the cross so that all of us could spend eternity with Him. What an awesome gift! And how unworthy am I to of that gift each and every day.
As I read these parables today, I started thinking about the new ministry my church has started up. The ministry revolves around the question, “Are You Sick of It Yet?” Are you sick of the partying lifestyle you’ve lived for so many years? Are you sick of the emptiness you feel in side? Are you sick of feeling like no one loves you, and that you’ll never measure up? If you are, we’ve got the answer: it’s God. The answer isn’t a specific church, or a specific group of people. It’s not about money or numbers. It’s about recognizing that we’re all in need of a Savior. It’s about recognizing that we all fall short, in so many ways. It’s about recognizing that we can’t do it on our own.
This ministry is about finding all those lost sheep and lost coins in the world. It’s about showing people that they are significant, they are important, and they are all created in the image of God. It’s about showing people that there’s something greater out there then their selves. Their life has a greater purpose.
I’m so excited about this ministry. For so long I’ve wondered how to share my faith with those around me. For so long, I’ve been afraid of what people may think. I’m still wondering how God will use me when it comes to this new ministry. It may be through actually being there at some of the meetings, or it may just be through prayer. What I do know is that God cares about every lost sheep and coin, and He’ll do anything to draw them to Himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment