Monday, December 21, 2009

Deuteronomy 11-13; Luke 4:31-44

”At daybreak Jesus went out to a solitary place” (Luke 4:42). The chapter quickly moves on after this, but this verse in particular struck me. Jesus spent time alone at daybreak. Even he needed time alone with his Lord. I’ll be honest here, I don’t always have as much quiet time as I should. It’s easier on the days when I’m home alone, but if my husbands home from work, or friends are visiting, my time with God quickly moves to the back burner. It’s as if he’s not as important on the busy days. Inward cringe. Have you ever been in a similar place? Does your time with God decrease as your business increases? Then here’s my encouragement for you this Christmas week.
Find a solitary spot each moment to pray. Perhaps it’s in your car, in the kitchen, or in the bathroom, whatever it may be, spend some time with your Savior this week. He is the reason for the season, isn’t he?

Lord, in all the business of Christmas, please help me to stop and spend some time with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment