Thursday, December 3, 2009

Numbers 31-33; Luke 1:39-56

“And Mary said:
‘My soul glorifies the Lord
and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,
for he has been mindful
of the humble state of his servant.
From now on all generations will call me blessed,
for the Mighty One has done great things for me—
holy is his name’” (Luke 1:46-49).

Something just wasn’t right. Instead of being joyful, I was grouchy today. Instead of enjoying this beautiful Winter day, was resentful and unhappy. Instead of living each moment for the Lord, I gave today over to my uglier half. It wasn’t very pretty, I’ll admit it.
Sometimes I think that Satan sees the beautiful possibilities in a day and tries all the harder to keep us from succeeding. He knew that I was going to Bible study, so he tried his hardest to put me in a bad mood. For today he succeeded. Hopefully next time I’ll know better.
And so, although the day is almost over, I’d like to start anew. I’d like to thank God for all of the wonderful things he’s given me today, and every day. So here goes:
It was wonderful waking up to fresh snow on the ground this morning. It was my favorite kind of snow, light and fluffy, but not messing with road travel or anything.
It was wonderful having a few minutes with my husband, before he left for work. Most days I sleep through the time we leaves, but this morning we actually had a few minutes to talk and sip on coffee today.
It was wonderful having Bible study at the church today. I love the fellowship that comes with women of all ages and backgrounds come together and pour over the word of God.
It was wonderful coming home to a warm house, a full fridge, and a lit Christmas tree.
These are things I’m thankful for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment