Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Eagerly Seeking

Reading: 2 Chronicles 15-16; 2 Corinthians 5

They entered into a covenant to seek the LORD, the God of their ancestors, with all their heart and soul. All who would not seek the LORD, the God of Israel, were to be put to death, whether small or great, man or woman. They took an oath to the LORD with loud acclamation, with shouting and with trumpets and horns. All Judah rejoiced about the oath because they had sworn it wholeheartedly. They sought God eagerly, and he was found by them. So the LORD gave them rest on every side” (2 Chronicles 15:12-15 NIV)

Eagerly seeking after Him. What does this look like? What does this mean? I love God with everything in me, but it isn’t always evident in the way I live my life. At times, He becomes an afterthought, a rushed prayer, someone I turn to on the bad days. But to seek Him eagerly, to desire to spend time in his presence, do I do this? I want to, I do desire it, but I don’t always put in into practice. My life gets busy. Already I’m focused on the holidays, and trying to pack in as much fun as possible. In the midst of it all though, I’d love to think that I’ll find time to spend with my Savior, even when my house is full of friends and family. I’d love to think that Jesus will still be my number one priority, even in the midst of a busy season. Now to put it into practice.

1 comment:

  1. Sigh...I've lost sight of this lately, as difficult as that is to admit.

    ReplyDelete