Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Encouragement

Today’s Reading: Psalm 120-122; 2 Thessalonians 2

“May our Lord Jesus Christ himself and God our Father, who loved us and by his grace gave us eternal encouragement and good hope, encourage your hearts and strengthen you in every good deed and word” (2 Thessalonians 2:16-17 NIV).

Do you ever just need encouragement? Sometimes this life can be so hard. Sometimes the smallest word of affirmation makes all the difference in how my day goes. Just as words of criticism can tear me down, words of love can build me up so quickly. It’s so nice to hear that I’m doing something right in such a negative world. I’m so thankful for the family and friends in my life that take the time to remind me of this. Their words and hugs mean the world to me. What about you? Is there anyone in your life that encourages you? Whose heart can you encourage today?

“Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing” (1 Thessalonians 5:11 NIV).

No comments:

Post a Comment