Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Peace

Today’s Reading: Psalms 123-125; 2 Thessalonians 3

Now may the Lord of peace himself give you peace at all times and in every way. The Lord be with all of you” (2 Thessalonians 3:16 NIV).

Peace is something that seems a bit hard to come by these days. With a little baby in tow, I feel as if I’m always running from one thing to the next. Her waking hours are spent crying, and her sleeping hours are either a chance for me to catch a nap, or to catch up on the large amount of house hold chores that always needs to be done. This morning for instance, I heard my little one start to stir, so I jumped out of bed, threw on some clothes, washed my face, and started a load of laundry. I ran around like crazy, only to find that she wasn’t waking up after all, only talking in her sleep. That’s not peace if you ask me.
But where is peace then?
Peace is there when I take the time to seek it out. My life may seem new and hectic at times, but peace is still there, ready to be found.
Peace is found when my fussy baby finally falls asleep in my arms, and I look at her beautiful little fingers and toes. Peace is found when I step outside in my yard, and simply enjoy the feeling of the sun on my face.
Peace is found late at night, as I hold my little one close and she sucks away on her bottle.
Peace is found in my heart, even on the craziest of days, when my baby won’t stop crying, and my head is hurting like crazy.
Peace is found when I reach out to my Savior and ask Him to fill in the gaps in my life where I don’t measure up.
Peace is fond when I seek it.

Do you need peace in your life today?

No comments:

Post a Comment