Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Song on My Heart

Today’s Reading: Psalm 133-135; 1 Corinthians 2

Praise the LORD, for the LORD is good; sing praise to his name, for that is pleasant” (Psalm 135:3 NIV).

It’s so easy for me to look at the negative. I didn’t have time to take a shower this morning. I’m tired all the time these days. My little girl’s cries give me a headache at times. My house is a mess, and I never seem to have the time to clean it.

Being a new mom is rough. I feel as if my job titles of freelance writer and homemaker have gone by the wayside as I’ve taken on the role of mommy. It’s so easy for me to look at all I’m not accomplishing, instead of everything I am.

I’m feeding, changing, and loving on a little baby. I’m investing in her little life, so that she grows up confident in my love. I’m telling her about Jesus so that one day in the somewhat distant future she accepts Him as her personal Savior.

It’s so easy to look at all the time I don’t have, instead of looking at what I do have. I have a beautiful, healthy little girl who is such a wonderful mixture of her daddy and me. I have a husband who goes out of his way to help around the house, and who can’t get enough of his little girl. I have friends and family who encourage me daily and remind me that time is fleeting. And I have a Savior who gives me the strength to make it through each long night of feedings, and gives me the grace to make it through each day.

With all those things, I can’t help but have a song of praise in my heart today.

What can you praise God for today?

No comments:

Post a Comment