Friday, September 24, 2010

Casting My Cares At His Feet

Today’s Reading: Psalm 119:1-88; 1 Thessalonians 5

“May your unfailing love come to me, O LORD, your salvation according to your promise; then I will answer the one who taunts me, for I trust in your word” (Psalm 119:41-42 NIV).

“Be joyful always; pray continually; give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus” (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18 NIV).

Joy, thanksgiving: things that should be so evident in my life, but aren’t at the moment. Fear, anxiousness: the feelings that are riddling my heart day in and day out. God has given me so many beautiful blessings, including a loving husband and a sweet baby girl, yet, right now, I’m not seeing those blessings in their fullest degree. Instead, the devil is being given control of my thoughts and emotions. Oh how I long to be filled with joy and thanksgiving, but how? How do I grab a hold of these things, and banish the others from my heart?

The answer is so simple it amazes me.

“Cast all your anxiety on him because he cares for you” (1 Peter 5:7 NIV).

I give all my anxieties, worries and fears to the one who is ultimately in control. I let Him take them from me, and replace them with His perfect peace. I claim the joy that is so readily waiting for me, if only I let go. If only I let God take control.

Do you have anything you need to let go of today?

No comments:

Post a Comment