Sunday, September 19, 2010

Lord, Strengthen My Heart



Today’s Reading: Psalm 113, 114, 115; 1Thessalonians 3

Verses to Ponder: “May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and Father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones” (1 Thessalonians 3:12-13 NIV).

Prayer: Lord, today, as in every day, I need my heart strengthened so that I can truly love those around me. My heart feels so weak and human on it's own. Time and again I come to the end of what is humanly possible, and have to depend on you like never before. Time and again I must claim the words you spoke to the Apostle Paul: "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness" (2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV). What wondrous words those are. And how often must I come before you and ask you to fill in the gaps.
Please help me as I minister to the needs of my little girl, care for my husband, and be the best friend I can be to those around me today and everyday. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. No one can ever quite prepare you for this journey. Leaning on the Lord becomes so much more literal...

    ReplyDelete