Wednesday, August 31, 2011

He Delights in Me

“The LORD your God is among you,
a warrior who saves.
He will rejoice over you with gladness.
He will bring [you] quietness with His love.
He will delight in you with shouts of joy” (Zephaniah 3:17, HCSB).

In the words above God is speaking to the Israelite nation. He is reminding them that He, indeed, rejoicing over them.

Did you know that He rejoices over you and me as well?

Sometimes I need this sweet reminder.

Sometimes I need His love to quiet my restless soul.

My soul that tries to fix and mend and keep everything in it’s place.

Sometimes I need to be told that He joyful shouts His love to me.

Where does He do this?

I see it in a new morning, high up on a mountainside. I see it in the laughter in my child’s eyes. I see it in the food on my table each evening. And the victory of a prayer battle won.

He

Delights

In

Me.

How marvelous. How wonderful.

And He delights in you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment