Wednesday, August 24, 2011

The Feet of a Deer

"Though the fig tree does not bud
and there is no fruit on the vines,
though the olive crop fails
and the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,

yet I will triumph in the LORD;
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation!

Yahweh my Lord is my strength;
He makes my feet like those of a deer
and enables me to walk on mountain heights!”

(Habakkuk 3: 17-19, HCSB)

I love these words above. They really caused me to ask myself some questions of myself.

Do I truly trust my Savior to provide?

Do I truly trust Him to take care of us in the days ahead?

It’s hard when things are uncertain. It’s hard when I’m looking ahead to a time of loneliness and stress.

Sometimes I have to be reminded of how far I’ve already come.

I have to be reminded of all the times He has taken care of me.

Because when my focus is on this world I start to mis-step.

But when my focus is on my Savior my footing is sure, and I’m climbing mountains higher than I ever have before.

Jesus is real my dear friends. He can handle the impossible situations. He can give us the footing we need to climb over those tremendous mountains of this life.

Trust Him with your worries, your cares.

His love will never fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment