Wednesday, June 29, 2011

God's Calling

“God’s gracious gifts and calling are irrevocable” Romans 11: 29 HCSB

His gifts and calling are final. They can’t be changed. And so it’s up to me. Do I ignore the calling placed upon my heart, or do I embrace it? Do I stay busy and preoccupied, or do I give myself moments of quiet and rest in which to write? This calling, this life God has called me to, is not easy . I feel such a strong calling as a military wife, a mother and a writer. These are all a part of who I am. The first two callings take up a large portion of each day. With a house to clean and a baby getting into everything, I am more than busy. Just the same, my fingers long to write. My soul longs to empty itself on the page. Writing is cathartic for me. It’s one of the ways I talk to God. It’s the way in which I’m the most transparent. I love writing to the point that it scares me. I love writing so much that I’m afraid of criticism. I’m afraid of being turned down. I’m afraid that people won’t like my writing, or will be overly critical of my grammar (my weakest link). Jus the same, it’s my calling. It’s something that can’t be ignored. This gift of writing is such an intricate part of who I am. And so, I find tiny moments out of the day to write. I experiment with styles. I stretch my skills. I search for ways to get published. And most of all, I seek the face of my Father, who gave me this gift for a reason. What that reason is, I may not see until eternity, but it’s a wonderful reason just the same!

What calling has God placed upon your life?

No comments:

Post a Comment