Wednesday, June 22, 2011

A Message of Faith

“This is the message of faith that we proclaim: if you confess with your mouth, ‘Jesus is Lord,’ and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. With the heart one believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth one confesses, resulting in salvation. Now the Scripture says, No one who believes on Him will be put to shame, for there is no distinction between Jew and Greek, since the same Lord of all is rich to all who call on Him. For everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved” (Romans 10: 8-13, HCSB).



It’s so simple dear friends, but we often make it so complicated. We try to live this life on our own. We try to handle everything that has been thrown at us. What we end up with is brokenness, despair and defeat. We feel lonely. We feel unloved. When right in front of us is the answer. Right in front of us is One who will carry all of our burdens for us. Growing up in a Christian household I knew all the correct answers, I knew how to sing the songs and act like a good little Christian girl. Although I knew all the answers, a point had to come where I admitted that this world was too hard for me to handle on my own. And believe me, as a perfectionist, I tried to handle it! That point, for me, was a point of extreme loneliness. It was a point of life in which I felt like I didn’t have a friend in the world. It was at that point that I reached out to Jesus and took a deeper step in my relationship with Him. It was at that point that I let Him fully into my life as my truest friend, the number one love of my life, my Savior and my God. All it took was placing all of myself at His feet and letting Him take control of my life.

I’ve never been disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment