Friday, December 10, 2010

Captive Thoughts

Reading: 2 Chronicles 23; Joel 2-3; 2 Corinthians 10

“ We take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ” (2 Corinthians 10:2b NIV).

This week has been tough. As soon as I decided to find joy in this Christmas season, I was bombarded with stress. My little girl has been extremely fussy, and my list of to-dos just keeps getting longer and longer. It seems as if there are never enough hours in the day (or night for that matter). My mind has been filled with negative thoughts. Satan has known exactly where to attack me as of late. He makes me doubt my mothering skills, my writing skills and my wife skills. He makes me look around at my life and see everything that is broken and incomplete. He directs my eyes away from Christ, where they belong. The verse above is meant for me, today and everyday. It’s a great reminder to take each thought and deed captive. In fact, it’s a verse meant for everyone of us. There’s a destroyer out there that preys on our thoughts. Some days we have to go moment-by-moment, giving each thought back to our Lord and Savior. That’s life for you. Satan wants nothing more than to make us feel insecure and insignificant during this Christmas season. He wants us to get caught up in the craziness of gift buying, and forget to find joy in Jesus Christ.

But I’m not about to let him. I’m taking each thought, and giving it back to Christ. I’m living each moment of this Christmas season for Him. I know it sounds cliché but He truly is the reason for the season.

2 comments:

  1. Oh, Megan, I'm so there with you...I can't begin to tell you how hard things are for me right now...I can't stand it, it hurts so much.

    And I need to lift up my eyes too. Only, I don't know if I have the strength...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blog and this post especially. I am going through many of the same things...including financial strains and a very big move as well. Will be praying for you, as I hope you will for me. Oh, and I found you b/c we were fellow contributors in the latest Sanctified Together publication. :o)

    ReplyDelete