Thursday, December 2, 2010

Use Me

Reading: 2 Chronicles 21-22; Obadiah; Joel 1; 2 Corinthians 8-9

Each of you should give what you have decided in your heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver” (2 Corinthians 9:7 NIV).

As the weather gets colder and I bundle my little baby up tightly for trips outside, I start to think about those who are less fortunate then me. I wonder if someone’s baby is cold today, less protected from the wind then my own.

My arms are already so full. I feel as if I’m constantly running from one thing to the next. My hours largely revolve around the little girl in my life. So what can I do? Where can I be used?
It’s probably a mistake to say that I can’t be used. God knows my limitations. He knows my gifts. And I’m sure He has things in mind, even now.

My prayer today is that He will show some of those things to me. That He’ll show me how to best love and serve this Christmas season, even if it is with a baby in tow.

How does God want to use you this Christmas?


“Then I heard the voice of the Lord saying, 'Whom shall I send? And who will go for us?' And I said, 'Here am I. Send me!'" (Isaiah 6:8 NIV).

1 comment:

  1. He's already using you, dear Megan, to shape and train the heart of a child. :-)

    How does God want to use me? So far, I see myself being used by him to encourage others. Especially with my words, and with hospitality.

    ReplyDelete