Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Love is...patient

In 1 Corinthians 13:4 the Apostle Paul tells us that love is “patient.”

I have something to admit here: I am a horribly impatient person. I keep a rigid schedule in life, and hate it when people make me late. Whether it’s church, a movie, or dinner out with friends, I don’t like waiting on people who are perpetually late. At times, I don’t act all that graciously because of this. 2 Peter 3:9 says, “The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness. He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish, but everyone to come to repentance.” God, the definitive example of Love, has been waiting on human beings for centuries. As stubborn and slow as we have been, he exhibits the greatest patience of all. He loves us so much that he is willing to wait for each of us to turn from our selfish ways and claim salvation in Jesus Christ.

If God is this loving, shouldn’t we all show a bit more patience in our every day lives?


Prayer: Lord, help me to suppress my restlessness and respond with love when I am confronted with delays in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment